Sunday, March 22, 2009

Toddlin' Times





Jonas and Jember are 14-months old. And they are officially full fledged toddlers.
Both are walking now. It seems that each week they blossom in new and interesting ways. They both have decided that they love BOOKS. (Suddenly, I have re-developed a friendship with our local library). Our little coffee table is stacked with their favorites. They love bringing you a book, climbing up on your lap and waiting for you to read it. Their number one favorite is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?" by Bill Martin Junior. We have read it over and over and they never seem to tire of it. But any new book is exciting to them - the more colorful the pictures the better.

They have also discovered a love for the "Baby Einstein" dvd's. Between you and me ~ I used to have no children and at least a couple of theories about letting children watch videos. But now it seems, that I have a couple of children and no theories. Seriously. Ross and I really aren't big tv watchers - and we really don't let them watch much. Just now and then...(when I need a moment to shower and get ready for work!) and really...our favorite one is "The world of Animals" More then once I have gone to school singing some of the tunes from the show. The babies giggle over the puppets...and so do the adults.

Jonas and Jember are playing more with each other. Stacking blocks and leggos, climbing in and out of baskets, playing with puzzles, and now they are working on singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Interestingly, Jonas' favorite toy is an old cell phone of mine. He loves to listen to the different ring tone music. He gets the music going and then he gets his "groove thing goin" and dances around the living room. Its incredibly funny.


They're energy level is increasing - and so is their need to get out and run, climb and play. With the sunshine comes visits to the park! Today the sun was out and they swang, went down slides, and played with some friendly puppies. It felt so good to be in fresh air and sunshine. I think we all needed a breather from the dark rains of winter. Here at camp Chaney, we cannot WAIT for summer!!


Sunday in the Park with Babes





















5 comments:

Unknown said...

Vick!
I love the update! They are certainly growing!!!!! don't worry about the TV thing. I used to say I wouldn't, too, but I do just for a breat when I can. Abigail loves to watch Olivia and Ni Hao Kai Lan on Nickelodian.

Anonymous said...

How amazing they are! Don't worry, I use the Baby Einstien videos to shower too! Eli will only watch the World Animals and the Neighborhood Animals!

sharon said...

Okay on the "cute,adorable meter" they are off the wall!!! We can't wait for our visit over Easter. Hope they are ready for some excited cousins,aunt and grandparents!!!

Unknown said...

Brown Bear Brown bear was alywas Ben's favorite too. We read it until the binder broke. The kids look wonderful sis! I can't wait to see them again! 2 weeks!

Sarah said...

Sunday at the park? Us too! I posted a video on my blog.

When are you coming for a visit?