Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Joy


Ah, sweet summer vacation. We drag our weary teacher bodies away from an incredibly hard school year, leaving RIF notices, program cuts, and district politics behind us.

Begone difficult school year! And hello to summer. A chance to rest. To recharge. To reconnect with our little ones. We delve into the reverie of sunshine and free time.

We celebrate the time to play with Jonas and Jember!


A visit to our neighborhood water park
We take an outing every day. There are so many awesome parks in our town. Fairhaven park is blocks form our house. Not only a great place to play, but a water park in the summer!

(No. I did not realize our local park was also a water park too.)
(Yes. Those are my happy kids running around in their street clothes in the water fountains).
(Yes. Next time I will bring our swim suits and towels...promise).












Maple Falls, WA
We love visiting our dear friends - Sue and Shirley. They live in a cabin up near Mt. Baker. The beauty of their home and their life together is sublime. Babies love it there as much as we do. They run in open meadows of wildflowers, pick sun-ripe strawberries and experience the freedom of playing in nature. We LOVE Sue and Shirley!!!

Babies pick their first strawberries of summer











Babies inspect the strawberries for the strawberry pie!


"We want more!" (Notice Jember hand-signing for more)




Jember and Ranger-the-dog smile for the camera




Jonas takes time to smell the flowers



Shirley and Jember



Sue and Jonas



Pool time!




Jonas loves poolside snacks!





Babies test the fresh whip cream for the strawberry pie





Resting at the end of a full day! (Jonas sleeps under the trees)


Jember and Fozwig


We hope your summer is going well too! Stay tuned for more updates. My parents (Grandpa Bud and Grandma Sharon) will be here soon for a good visit. And in 2 weeks Jonas must take a break and get "tubes" put in his ears. After months of endless infection and antibiotics we are taking this step. We'll keep you posted! Until then:

Happy summer everyone!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun!! Eli and I want to pick strawberries at Sue and Shirley's! I just love summer! I'm teaching summer school but am still finding plenty of time to play!

Unknown said...

LOVE those pictures. Isn't summer great!

Cori said...

I can't look at those pictures without a huge smile on my face. Those babies are so beautiful, happy and healthy. I sure wish I could be closer and play with you all summer! Love ya :)

Jillienne said...

Hey lady! I am not sure if you will get this but I don't seem to have your email address!

Brian and I are contemplating a move to Washington. Nothing set in stone but we would love your advice on some good areas to look into for housing. He would be getting a job in the Tacoma area. HELP!!

Jillienne said...

oooops, email me @ bjmiker@gmail.com

Jill