August is winding down. Where has the summer slipped away to? We both are getting ready to return to our teaching jobs. Time with the babies feels more precious then ever. How do working mothers do this? I feel so strange leaving the babies to return to my job. The rains have returned to our evenings. I lay awake in bed listening to the sounds of what feels like an approaching Autumn. I know it will be ok - I just wish I didn't feel so sad.
Jonas and Jember are doing well. They just turned 7 months old! Jonas is doing his best to crawl. This kid is a go-getter. He focuses in on what he wants and goes nuts trying to get it. Jem hasn't rolled over yet - but she seems to approach things in her own good time. She's pretty Zen about the whole thing. Her latest discoveries have more to do with her voice. Lately, she has been making bear noises. Growling, and g-r-r-r-ing" all over the place. Yes - she still does the dolphin squeals as an encore - she really is a budding little actress.
We approach the coming transition with a bit of anxiety. Big adjustment for us all as Ross and I head back to school. We'll just have to take it one day at a time and hope for the best.
1 comment:
Holy beautiful kids! Wow! Our twins were three months old when we met them. I feel like I just time travelled to a few months from now, reading your blog. So cool. I look forward to reading more.
Post a Comment