We had our anniversary yesterday. 6 years! I realize that to many we are but "pups" in the world of marriage but we both feel pretty proud. We've weathered our own storms together and still stayed strong. And now we have 2 beautiful kids. And may I tell you we are having such a ball. As long as the sun (M.I.A. for a lot of this summer) continues to shine we try and take a good walk each day. We live near the water and are surrounded by parks and pretty walks. The babies love being outside. So much so - that we broke down and bought 2 used baby backpacks. Our goal is to get these little ones out in the woods and the meadows for some real hikes.
OH! We have had a "roll-over" everyone! Jonas is our rollin' boy. He's really good at it too. Jember is close - but is actually working on her sitting up skills. She's a pretty balanced little gal (except when Jonas rolls over her). We marvel day to day how expressive and funny they are. How much they change and how much we are totally in love with them. Yowsa!
In the meantime, I will try not to notice that the calendar is telling me that we both return to staff meetings in about 3 weeks. I can't even bear the thought of not hanging with the babies all day. (Yes. I know I could stay home. But we are paying back some loans from our adoption and we need my income. sigh). We have found a couple of great women who have offered to be our nannies...and while their fees were MORE then reasonable...Ross and I are expecting to be living on rice, beans and baby smiles for a while.
1 comment:
They look so happy and healthy! I know the feeling about rice and beans! Moving forward with this new plan is going to put us just about there!
I will try and get an email out to you soon!
Jillienne
Post a Comment