Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sunday. A Chance to Breathe


Well, school has started and Ross and I are back to our teaching jobs. Its been a transitional time for all of us. Jonas and Jember are doing ok ~ though they have regressed a bit in their sleeping habits. They're waking up more at night again an fighting those afternoon naps. I know they sense our absence. Change. As tired as we feel, I try and act from compassion and patience for them. I try to be present when we are home with them...holding them, playing with them, letting them know that we are here. But this is hard. We're all a bit tired. School is going fine for both of us. We both love our students - but are just trying to adjust to being away from our children all day and being back in academia. I gear up for auditions for the fall play. Then life will really get busy...

In the meantime - stolen moments on a restful and happy Sunday:


Babies in the park




A sunset canoe float ~ in the bay a few blocks from our house. Babies were with Elizabeth for an hour - Ross and I enjoyed watching the sunset from our canoe:











2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE those pictures!!! They are really growing, aren't they? I knwo it is hard to be away from them. Just take it one day at a time.
Love ya.
Jeanne

Sarah said...

Your babes are growing up as fast as mine are! Who authorized them to look so grown up already???

Keep Well,
Sarah.