Saturday, October 11, 2008

October


Its been a very full week for us all. I held auditions for my fall theater production of Jane Eyre. Taking on directing a production (in addition to my class load) feels like an awful lot for me right now, I won't lie. Balancing my role as mother and teacher is proving to be a tiring challenge. My days feel so packed. But, it is also my job to direct 2 productions a year (a job I might add, that I usually love...) The auditions were successful (over 60 kids auditioned) and I have what I believe will be an awesome cast. But the week was draining emotionally and physically (and it was only the audition!) We will rehearse the show for roughly 2 months ~ until in opens in early December.

So what happens when things get busier for me? I'll tell you what. My hard working husband (who is also a teacher) takes up the slack and spends extra time on baby detail while I am at rehearsals. I have to tell you ~ that if it wasn't for the support and love of this beautiful man - I often have wondered if I would simply dry up like the autumn leaves and blow away.
He is truly a kind and gentle soul - a wonderful father and loving best friend.

And now from our past week:

Ross and Jember make a thick autumn soup




Jammin on the piano. The babies give new definition to "Heart and Soul".


Super Daddy


I have taken to bringing my camera with me on my walks. Its been such a pretty autumn that I don't even mind the days when the rains have returned. Today we had a visit from Chris, Anna and Tristan. Visits with these best friends turn our little apartment into a place of happy chaos. We always enjoy a little lunch and a walk down to the boardwalk park. It was such a pretty Saturday. Chris and Ross wore the twins in backpacks while Anna pushed Tristan in his stroller.
It was a perfect day.


Autumn Sunshine


Babies get ready for a ride in the backpacks


Chris and Ross ready for their autumn walk


Anna and Jonas in the park


Anna and Tristan (We love our little Tristan!)




Mommy and Jonas


Daddy and Jember



Happy little ones - ready for another trip down the slide.



Ross and Jember - headin home.


Autumn colors - how I love this time of year





5 comments:

susana said...

Awesome pictures and story line!
Enjoy this wonderful time of year.

QB said...

What a beautiful fall season you are having! They are so so so so so so so so so cute. We have one, Ruth, who zips and zooms (rolling and scooting) all around, and one, Aster, who prefers to chill out an let things come to her. Funny. It would be quite a party if we got them all together. Thanks for sharing the georgous pictures. I can't wait 'til our girls can sit up in the bathtub together.

Anonymous said...

Those kids are always so happy! Everytime I see new pictures of them I get all teary eyed! They're amazing!

Jillienne said...

Awww, they look soooooooo great! Love the backpacks. But my favorite is the picture with Ross and Jember cooking soup! Something about a man in a carrier!

Jillienne

Unknown said...

I LOVE those pictures!